Heart Talk Porty brings together those who live and work in Portobello to think about what the future of our community could be like. The conversations are intended to be spaces for creative thinking and support.
𝗡𝗕: 𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗲 with the main idea.
It may have a long way to go, and will develop as it grows – while constructive criticism is welcome, negativity is not. There will be space to talk about problems, conflicts and ways forward at the ‘What Next’ meeting at 2pm on the 23rd of January (save the date!) at Bellfield.
𝗕𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗳𝘂𝗹
– even if you don’t like what’s being said, it’s important that we behave respectfully to one another. If you’re unhappy with the direction a conversation is taking, make your point politely and then let those who’re feeling more positive about it have their say.
𝗟𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝘀 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴
– for those who tend to talk a lot: please be aware if you’re taking more than your fair share of the space and let others speak
– for those who tend to keep quiet: your thoughts are as important as anyone else’s – please share them!
𝗕𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘆
– be willing to explore new ideas or ways of doing things.
𝗔𝘀𝘀𝘂𝗺𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂’𝗿𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆 𝗮𝗹𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂
– we don’t need to earn our place or impress anyone.
If you don’t feel able to agree to these points but would still like to attend – or if you think we’ve missed something important – please contact us for a chat: HeartTalkPorty@gmail.com